Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pulled Pork and Honey Carrots

Jordan and I are all about crockpot cooking, that or grilling.
But honestly since we had Sam, we probably crock pot dinners at least 2 times a week.
We make enough so it lasts a few days.
I will talk about it in its own post but we buy whole hogs and cows during the year so we have a stocked freezer full of meat, grassfed goodness so we have tons of roasts on hand! 
My husband came up with this amazing pulled pork and it's so easy
(because if it wasn't, we wouldn't make it!!)

Grab your crock pot and a pork shoulder or pork butt. Really any hunk of pork will work.
Set your crock pot on high for a good 6-8 hours. 
Cover the pork with chopped cilantro and 1/4 a cup or so of Stubb's Pork Marinade. 
Put the lid on and let it go! 
You will need:
For Roast:
Pork Roast (Shoulder or Butt)
Bunch of organic cilantro
1/4 cup Stubb's Pork Marinade 
For Carrots:
1 lb of carrots (chopped or baby carrots)
Honey
Butter
Cinnamon (if you like)

Next about 10 minutes before you are about to eat get your carrots ready
Chop whole carrots or just throw in a bag of baby carrots.
Steam them with water and a lid until tender.
After steamed add 2 TBS butter and 1 TBS of honey.
(adjust to your liking)
I also add cinnamon to ours. I love me some cinnamon ;)
 Voila, they are done!!
I could literally eat this every single night.
 For night two of pork if we are out of carrots I will just fry up onions and peppers and make it more mexican-ish! If you really need some carbs make into wraps but I just skip the wraps and fill up on meat and veggies!! Nom Nom!!! Enjoy this easy dinner, your kids will LOVE it!! 
xoxo

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment