Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Paleo Chili

I am a huge fan of chili, but the beans make me gag! I am not sure why but I am just not a huge fan of beans and their texture. So when we make chili I just completely cut the beans out and add more grassfed beef and veggies. My boys have a tiny obsession with Chili Dogs because that is what Sonic the Hedgehog eats, so they ask for them a lot which means I have to have Chili on hand as often as possible, so when I make chili, I MAKE CHILI, meaning I make like 10-15lbs at a time. I figure if I am chopping that many veggies it has to be worth my while. I cook it all up and then store the rest in freezer bags and , so then I am ready to go when the boys requests come up! For the boys chili dogs, I just do chicken hot dogs, a few scoops of chili and cheese on top. Or I just put it all in a bowl with the hot dogs sliced up. Happy boys. 

Here is the chili recipe! 
First I cook the beef and then drain off the fat. Use as much beef or as little to whatever size batch you are making. Then I just add it all in and let it simmer until the veggies are tender. You can use any additional veggies you like also. I have also added bacon before which made it extra yummy. Enjoy!
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment