Friday, August 1, 2014

Summer Boredom Busters

A few weeks ago I filmed a quick segment with Rebecca Reginer for her show Full Plate on ABC. I was asked a few months back to go on her show and do a recipe for a company and she asked me to come back on to talk even more topics which I was obviously THRILLED about. She is a fellow boy mom and keeps it real so I love her and also her show! Here is the segment! 

Here are the ideas I talked about on the show:
Scavenger Hunts- 
I honestly just googled some and there are a ton. Here is a great link for ZOO scavenger hunts

Goodie Drawer- 
I have a drawer in our kitchen FULL of goodies, crayons, coloring books, easy to make cookie mixes! On days where it is a REALLY long day or when it is raining I just grab something new and fun out of the drawer. 

Movie/Pop Corn- 
This is clearly such an easy go to! And thank goodness for Netflix/Amazon Prime for movies galore. I found the cute popcorn containers at Dollar Tree, so we pop our own popcorn and I give them some m&ms and a juice box and we are entertained for a few hours. I mean obviously I am left with a train wreck of popcorn all over the floor but its a good rainy day activity.

Board Games/Books and a blanket-
 Grab your favorite games and books and hit the backyard or hit the park, take some snacks and make a day of it. Your kids will be excited to get out of the house and will enjoy the fun little trip! If you are excited about it, they will be too!! 

Hope you enjoy the segment!! What are some of your go-to activities for summer? Trust me I could use some help, my old bag of tricks gets boring to the boys hahahaa!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment