Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Greek Chicken Salad in a jar!

Well if you didn't know already, I, Allie have a mason jar obsession. I drink anything and everything in a mason jar (I prefer the blue ones usually) and if I can incorporate them into anything else I do so. They just make me happy. Flowers in a mason jar make my heart skip a beat. They bring me some joy inside the madness of my home. I have read of people doing salads in a jar during their meal prep and I thought it was a good idea! You can really do any salad you like and put it in jars for the week. I decided to do a greek chicken salad in a jar. I won't lie, I only put it in the jar for pictures haha! Since I stay at home I don't typically have to FULLY meal prep so I just cut it all fresh right before I eat it. Whatever works for your lifestyle. If you put the dressing in the bottom it will keep everything fresh and good to go for the week! 
You will need:
Chicken (I just used a some left over from dinner) 
Bell Pepper
Onion
Cucumber
Grape Tomatoes (if you prefer)
Balsamic Vinaigrette 
Feta cheese
Mason Jar

Chop everything nicely and layer in jar. Make sure to put the dressing on the bottom. I chose to put mine on after since I was at home.  Feta on top. Voila! You are done. I just love the crispness of the veggies! The chicken just adds some protein and a nice texture!

You can eat it from the jar or in a bowl!! Enjoy!! 
xoxo


signature

No comments:

Post a Comment