Friday, April 11, 2014

Oatmeal Cookie Bites

Ah, yet another amazing recipe from my friend Abbi!
I love oatmeal cookies, like LOOOOOVE them. Subway, back when I considered that place a HEALTHY option had the best oatmeal cookies. You guys know what I am talking about!?!? And don't even get me started on the raspberry cheesecake cookies they had (or have??) I would buy them by the dozen. I really love cookies, and sweets as you can see. Well I am trying to find healthier ways to still get my cravings filled. I am actually shocked how satisfied I have been the past month by eating cleaner treats. Well these little babies, lets just say I make them almost every few days. I am obsessed.

Alright, you will need:
2 TBS Pure Maple Syrup (I found this yummy pure praline maple...fab)
2 TBSAlmond Milk
2 Cups Oats
2 TBS Almond Butter or Peanut Butter (melted) 
1/4-1/3 Coconut Oil melted (unrefined organic is best) 
Chocolate Chips (optional....or for me...not so optional...I need them)
 Mix everything in a food processer. 
My chocolate chips melted a tad and some stayed intact, which was uber yummy! 
 Plop onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper and FREEZE. 
YUMMMM....
 After they are frozen, pop a few in your mouth and then put in a container back in the freezer.
 Enjoy! 
PS mix to your liking, sometimes I add more maple to sweeten it. 
The first time I made them I added truvia...lol but now I am content with the maple.
They are so tasty, I make them a few times a week. 
The boys love them too!!!
xo


signature

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! These sound so yummy - and best of all - easy to make! I have everything except the maple syrup...have you ever made them with honey? I may have to just try it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made these with the kids this afternoon (using honey in place of the maple syrup) and they are a big hit!

    ReplyDelete