Monday, April 14, 2014

Stuffed Peppers

If you guys haven't noticed yet, my favorite thing to blog is FOOD. 
I am a huge foodie!! I love food, literally when we visit my parents my agenda is always food related, same with any time we travel, my first question is "what's the best place to eat?". 
Food is so important, and taste, it's gotta taste good or else no bueno! 
This is PROBABLY the longest recipe of mine. I cannot stand long recipes, they kill my soul. Plus cooking with 4 kids is not the funnest thing in the world. I need things to be quick and easy. This one takes a decent amount of time. I searched high and low for the perfect stuffed pepper recipe and ended up making my own. I usually wing it on most things and make it taste how I want vs what the typical recipes call for. Also most stuffed peppers call for rice and I try to cut that stuff out so no rice in these babies.
 You will need:
4-6 peppers 
32oz jar of organic tomatoes 
2-3 TBS Garlic (I buy it already minced because I'm lazy haha)
Worcestershire Sauce 
1 large onion
2 lbs of sausage
Block of cheese

Directions: Start cooking your sausage in a sauce pan. Meanwhile start dicing. Preheat oven to 350.
 Slice the tops off your peppers, I use the left over tops and give them to the boys to snack on or just dice them for the recipe.
Dice up your onion.
 Add everything to the cooked sausage and let simmer together! 
Boil the peppers in a large pot of water. Boil til they are stab-able with a fork. 
 I add a few random spices to the sauce. Then I also do a few circles of the woschesthire sauce in the pan of sausage while it's simmering together. Taste to your liking. I would say I do about 1/4 cup. I also grate the cheese in the meantime while the peppers are boiling.
 Once they are done, get the peppers out and place in a dish, fill them up with all the meaty goodness. I use a 1/4 cup to help lessen my mess and it helps to pack them in! 
 Plop a heaping mound of cheese on top! 
 Place those babies in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is all melted! 
 Take them out and enjoy! 
 My mouth literally waters while typing these.
 The kids also love these! See what I mean, you don't need rice for these. The meat alone is amazing! 

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment