Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Brownies made from the GOOD STUFF!

I did not want to say Paleo Brownies right off the bat and have you guys running for the hills.
I know sometimes when something is "paleo" some people may equate that to "tastes like butt"
It's actually the complete opposite, paleo is amazing, it is funny the stuff I cannot stand anymore that I used to love. I have found replacements for everything in my life! 

Anyways I ran across these brownies last week and had to make them RIGHT THEN!
So I ran out to the store and stocked up on a few items I did not have on hand. 

First off let's take a peek at the end result, the amazing chocolaty goodness. 
No way those can be healthy, right!???
Well my dear friends they are and they are divine.

Here is what you will need. 
You will die over HOW EASY and little you need.
4 eggs
1 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup pure honey
3 TBS coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla (i skipped bc I was out)
pinch of salt

I know, you are wondering....where is the flour?, what the heck is going on.
No flour here honey!

Melt the coconut oil and mix everything together, I did not even use my mixer, I just hand mixed it all, it was so easy. Pour it into a pan, I chose a 10 inch pie pan but a 9x9 or 8x8 would work! 
((Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, mine was done quick so I would check it around 20 minutes!))

While its baking make the frosting, which is so freaking easy as well. The only downside is you have to let it chill for awhile before you whip it. 
Here is what you need: 
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla (which I skipped)
Melt the two over low heat in a saucepan. 
Once melted place in a dish in the fridge for half hour, you could put it in the freezer to speed that crap up a little. After that whip it in your mixer on high until somewhat fluffy.
((it tastes like fudge, no joke!)
After its done baking let them cool, cut your brownies and place on a plate and frost them! 
Jordan kept eating the ones I was taking pictures of haha! 
THEY ARE AMAZING. 
They are super rich flavored and over the top chocolaty! 

Thank me later.
PS Who ever said paleo was boring? haha 

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment