Thursday, May 22, 2014

Grrr....Yoga

My husband loves yoga, and I despise it for the most part. Don't get me wrong, yoga has so many amazing benefits (mind, body, and soul), but I struggle when it comes to flexibility. I also have trouble with not being a "pro" at things. If I lose once at anything, I will most likely not do it again. For example, I have played my brother in ping pong for the majority of our childhood and ...never. lost. once! Now, I have lost to him in a Nintendo game or two, and in those instances, I have been known to turn off the game system on "accident". I am such a poor sport!

As Alex and I approach our birthdays, I figure that I will set a half year New Year's Resolution. That resolution pertains to being a better sport and trying things that I may not be necessarily good at in the beginning. Grrr....no pain, no gain. I really think that the pain and agony coming from legit loses and new flexibility will be worth it.



Where does this rant come from? I started P90x3 this past Monday. I love it! Yesterday, I took on yoga. To be honest, I was not looking forward to the workout. On top of that, I knew Alex would come trotting in and "help" me with the moves. By "helping", I am referring to his critiques for each yoga pose. I will also admit that I appreciate his enthusiasm. I did my best not to get upset with him because he really was being sweet and trying to make me better. So, I bit down and yoga'ed for 30 minutes.

It feels good to do something out of my norm. I am totally going to stick with the yoga workouts because I figure I may surprise myself in 3 months. Maybe I will get really into yoga? Maybe not. It doesn't matter as long as I persevere through it all, I believe that will be a proud moment for me.

What about you? Is anyone into yoga? If so, any advice for a yoga beginner? Or does anyone really not like yoga too??

signature

2 comments:

  1. You know when it comes about flexibility of body, I suggest everyone to do yoga workout. Yoga really improves muscle strength. Thanks for sharing these such great true facts about yoga benefits. Yoga is really helpful to cure my anxiety, obesity, and back pain issue. SO, I am great fan of doing yoga daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would recommend my profile is important to me, I invite you to discuss this topic...Personally I think overjoyed I discovered the blogs.
    Balayam Yoga



    ReplyDelete